I made this extremely tasty Indonesian layered cake (Kuih lapis sarawak) twice, fascinated after seeing this wonderful blog and the huge talent of its owner, Yochana. After entering this wonderful site for the first time, I was sitting in front of the screen, flabbergasted and smelling the flavour of blueberries. My mum always prepares pączki for carnival, which requires many yolks. Then, egg whites are mine.
450 gr egg whites
180 gr sugar
180 gr bilberry jam (originally: blueberry pie filling)
180 gr flour
100 gr condensed milk
350 gr butter
1. Beat soft butter with condensed milk until homogeneous and creamy
2. Whisk egg whites with a bit of salt and when they are almost ready, add sugar and continue whisking
3. Mix butter-milk with sweet egg whites and flour. Divide into 2 portions. Add jam to one of them and mix well
4. Butter a rectalgular baking mold (I use the long rectangular one, the same as to make bread) and spread 2 spoons of plain mixture (the one without jam)
4. Stream for some minutes. When ready, spread 2 spoons of blueberry mixture on the recently baked layer.
5. Repeat until you finish both doughs. You can sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar. Cut carefully (only when cooled), the cake is very delicate.